Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Fun!

So to start the season off right we introduced Erik to
Pumpkin Carving!
He wasn't a big fan of touching the gooey seed mess inside...
...but he liked being a part of carving and picking which shapes to make the eyes and nose. He know his shapes so well! He can even say Hexagon! He's also a wiz with A,B,C's and numbers!

Erik's pumpkin!


Our Pumpkin Family!

Can you guess which one is mine and which one is Pawly's?


Oh and it just isn't Halloween around here without some sugar cookies!
Erik helped me make, roll out, and cut out these cookies.
And he also helped me eat them. Just like his daddy he's all about the frosting. I think after he was done with this cookie the frosting and candy were gone, but only 1 or 2 bites were taken. :)


Halloween Eve!
We went to my parents' ward's TRUNK-O-TREAT!
We've been almost every year for the past 4 years!
We were a sporty family this year!
Dad-basketball player
Erik-baseball player
Mom-volleyball player

One of the MOST comfortable costumes I've ever worn!


Erik got his face painted by Daddy! He didn't want anyone but Dad near him with a paint brush, it took some coaxing to get these on, but after the job was done he was sooo proud! He'd keep showing my family his paintings by pointing to his cheeks, soo cute!
Dad managed to paint a great baseball and mitt on our little slugger!



Now on to the CANDY!
We were trying to teach Erik how to say Trick-or-Treat but he really only got out Treat this night. He did the usual, want to eat the first piece of candy put into his bucket, but quickly got distracted by MORE candy being put into his bucket. He caught on quick and was running to the next car for more treats! One time I lost his hand and he just ran up to the next person with candy without me. He had a great time and we had a great laugh!


We got a wonderful carving kit this year esp for kids, but the quality of the scooper and knife is WAY better than any of the yellow handle ones I've ever used. It made carving a cinch! We probably finished all these pumpkins in like an hour
A another look at our great pumpkins!

5 comments:

DaveyMike said...

Erik seems so unsure in all these pictures like he is not sure whether he is supposed to enjoy it. Ddo you have a picture of him with his hands in the pumpkin guts? That would be funny!!

DaveyMike said...

When I grow up, I want to be a great father like Paul!!

The Byington's said...

I can't believe how big he is now! Wow, that he would hold still long enough to get those cute little cheeks even painted! I'm glad you guys had a good Halloween!

Jared and Delia said...

What a cute little Utah State baseball player!

Nick and Jamie Balaich said...

Yay Halloween pictures! My nephew is so dang cute, I can't even stand it! Love you guys.