Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fun with Treats

Erik asked for some of the last of his Halloween candy, yeah it's going pretty fast with mommy and daddy helping him eat it. He loves the smarties. When I gave him some this is what he did with them:
" A rainbow mommy!"
Yeah bud! He did this all by himself. I love seeing how creative he is!

So when I was little I remember making turkey's out of oreo's, candy corn and I think it was a malt ball. Since I've been so unsure of the exact recipe I haven't tried to make it.
My visiting teacher brought these to me today!!!
I was so excited and had a great flash back of the good times of making and eating these.
She used an oreo, chocolate frosting, a butterscotch/or peanut butter chip, candy corn and a chocolate ball.
This recipe is much easier than the one I remember because we used a smaller ball candy for the head and it was hard to get it to stick.
They were delicious!!! Just as yummy as they look. The frosting softened the cookie and it was great!
Wow I can't believe I went on for so long about a cookie, guess I just really missed these and were excited to try them again. :)



4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Those do look yummy! What a fun little activitiy to do with the chillin's.

John and Dana Lyn said...

Those are so cute!! Guess I have an excuse to go out and buy more Oreos... Dangit! ;)

DaveyMike said...

Erik is the most creative Nielsen yet.

RxMommy said...

www.ourbestbites.com has some cute turkey and pilgrim had ideas too. I love the creativity of kids. The other day Spencer made his apple slices into a long caterpillar.