Saturday, May 31, 2008

Never Say Never

Oh the joys of motherhood! Yesterday I was burping Erik and thought, 'wow, he hasn't spit up in a long time! That's great! I'm so happy he's been blessed to NOT have reflux.' Later when Pawly got home from work he and Erik were playing and Pawly was patting Erik's tummy and having fun. Then he handed Erik off to me and not a minute passed before I got dumped on with spit up! Yuck! Erik's so good at getting all his stuff on us and practically none on him, so I had to change my pants, and we all had a good laugh at the irony.
We went to a ward activity at the church that night too and I asked Pawly to change Erik's diaper. Before I knew it I saw a stream headed for me and felt my leg get wet. I popped out of my chair to avoid any further stream from the baby. Erik hasn't peed on us since he was 2 months old, or younger! I couldn't believe it! At least I got the sympathy/laughs of our friends in the ward, wait that made it more embarrassing. Oh well, a day in the life of a mom eh? I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything! Cept maybe clean pants. :)

4 comments:

DaveyMike said...

What? No pictures? Hee hee

amy g said...

haha, oh that Erik.... did you get the binks i left on your door? oh yeah and paul, troy got your message and I told him to call you back, like a good wife, but he didn't. sorry, I'll make him do it tomorrow.

pawlyandsandy said...

Amy, we got the binks, you're awesome, thanks so much!!! Have fun in Disneyland! We'll miss you guys when we move, this Sat!!!

Forward With Fun and Faith said...

We find out tomorrow and I will post about it for sure! =0) Are you guys heading for ID?