Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Never Thought I'd say this...

...my baby's so BIG!!! Good grief! I realized that in a few months, Erik will be 2! What?!?!?! Didn't I just bring this kid home from the hospital? Where are the days where he fell asleep in my arms, oh how I miss that sometimes. WOW I'm such a MOM!!! I guess it's official now, once you obsess about how FAST your kid grows you become the mom (I) never wanted to be. Oh well there's a good side to this. Erik's learning to do more every day and that includes talking. It seems he's in a copycat stage right now and it's so amazing to see how easily he picks things up!
OK, moving on to pictures now:
This was Erik being a "big help" to Daddy doing Laundry, my husbands so sweet to do this, love him! Notice the nice pine cone Erik has in his hand. He's loved to pick these up around the front yard area and throw them or just hold on to them as little keepsakes, it's so cute! And I'm so glad it's not bugs or worms, but I know that day will come :(
Another great Laundry help. Erik LOVES climbing into the dryer! He'll play peek-a-boo with us with the door, it's so cute! Normally he gets in when the clothes are all out, but I guess he wanted to get in really bad and couldn't wait. :)


This photo Erik took himself. He loves playing with the camera, yeah my favorite too...NOT. But I let him do this one closely supervised. After we take a picture of him he always says, "See!" so then we show him the picture.
This is a quiet book Erik loves to play with, esp at church. I'm really amazed at how it keeps his attention, it totally rocks!



Funny face after dinner one night. I love this kid. He can make me laugh every day!



Daddy's lil sport!
This picture wasn't the best look of Paul, but Erik looked the best in it. Paul put those gloves on him and Erik just started to beam! It was so cute!

*note I think I just used "so cute" at least three times, sorry if that got annoying

5 comments:

JuLee said...

Let me be the first to say, "So cute!"

Erin said...

And I'll be the second! :) It's ok, you can obsess about growing as much as you want because all the other moms get it.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Why is it bad to be sad when your baby grows up? That's just normal. My son isn't even a year yet and I'm already lamenting his loss of babyhood. I love babies. SOOO FUN.

Those pictures are wonderful - what a sweet boy.

Jared and Delia said...

It does go by so fast. Isn't it fun?
I can't believe he is almost two either!

Nick said...

I haven't been on your blog in a long time. Great pictures!